Sumário do artigo
Manchester United drew St-Étienne in the round of 32 draw in Nyon, with the competition's form team, Shakhtar Donetsk, lined up for a reunion with Celta Vigo.
Conteúdo media do artigo
Corpo do artigo
Manchester United v Saint-Étienne may promote some mixed feelings in the Pogba household, with UEFA Champions League third-placed finishers Mönchengladbach getting a tough UEFA Europa League round of 32 opponent in the form of Fiorentina.
Round of 32 draw
Athletic Club (ESP) v APOEL (CYP)
Legia Warszawa (POL)* v Ajax (NED)
Anderlecht (BEL) v Zenit (RUS)
Astra Giurgiu (ROU) v Genk (BEL)
Manchester United (ENG) v St-Étienne (FRA)
Villarreal (ESP) v Roma (ITA)
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)* v København (DEN)*
Celta Vigo (ESP) v Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Olympiacos (GRE) v Osmanlıspor (TUR)
Gent (BEL) v Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)*
Rostov (RUS)* v Sparta Praha (CZE)
Krasnodar (RUS) v Fenerbahçe (TUR)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)* v Fiorentina (ITA)
AZ Alkmaar (NED) v Lyon (FRA)*
Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) v Beşiktaş (TUR)*
PAOK (GRE) v Schalke (GER)
*Transferred from UEFA Champions League
All first legs on 16 February
All second legs on 23 February except St-Étienne v Manchester United and Fenerbahçe v Krasnodar on 22 February
- 2016/17 UEFA Europa League calendar: road to Stockholm
- Lyon to host 2018 UEFA Europa League final
- Pick of the UEFA Europa League group stage
- Why the UEFA Europa League trophy is the hardest one to lift
• United v St-Étienne means a round of 32 meeting for brothers Paul and Florentin Pogba; United beat Les Verts 3-1 on aggregate in the first round of the 1977/78 European Cup Winners' Cup. They will not be the first brothers to meet in a UEFA club competition game.
• Ajax flattened Legia 4-0 on aggregate in the 2014/15 round of 32.
• Anderlecht and Zenit have met four times: one win for the Belgian side and three for the Russians.
• Celta overcame Shakhtar 1-0 over two legs in the 2000/01 UEFA Cup third round.
• Villarreal knocked Roma out of the 2003/04 UEFA Cup fourth round, following up a 2-0 home victory with a 2-1 defeat in Rome.
• Schalke eliminated PAOK in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League play-offs, a late goal in Thessaloniki securing a 3-2 victory after a 1-1 draw in Gelsenkirchen.
• Sevilla's three-year reign as holders is over after they reached the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
• Shakhtar were the only side to win all six group stage games this season, and with 21 goals, outscored nearest rivals Zenit by four goals.
• The leading marksmen in the 2016/17 competition so far are Zenit's Giuliano and Athletic's Aritz Aduriz with six each. Aduriz was also top scorer in last term's competition with ten goals.
Where is the final?
The Friends Arena in Solna, near the Swedish capital Stockholm, which opened on 14 November 2012 with a friendly between Sweden and England. Named after an anti-bullying campaign, it is the successor to the nearby Råsunda as the national stadium. It is also home to Swedish national team and club side AIK Solna.
Final tickets will go on sale in spring 2017, with a proportion set aside for fans of the two finalist sides. Corporate hospitality packages are on sale now.