Sumário do artigo
There are now ten teams into the round of 16 after Tuesday's games and Benfica, Napoli, Beşiktaş, Barcelona and Manchester City hope to join them on Wednesday. We explain how.
Conteúdo media do artigo
Corpo do artigo
Five teams are through to the UEFA Champions League round of 16, and 12 more go into the fifth set of group fixtures on 22 and 23 November able to join them with a match to spare. UEFA.com explains the permutations.
- Through: Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético Madrid, Bayern München, Monaco (won group), Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Leicester City (won group), Juventus
- Can qualify on Wednesday: Benfica, Napoli, Beşiktaş, Barcelona, Manchester City
- Cannot finish in top two: Ludogorets Razgrad, Basel, PSV Eindhoven, Rostov, Tottenham Hotspur, CSKA Moskva, Sporting Cp, Legia Warszawa, Club Brugge, Dinamo Zagreb
- Full standings
All information in this article is subject to final confirmation from UEFA. These examples may not cover all potential situations.
- WEDNESDAY: all kick-offs 20:45CET except Beşiktaş v Benfica (18:45CET) and Rostov v Bayern (18.00CET)
- Whoever wins between Arsenal and Paris will seal top spot. Their first game finished 1-1.
- Whoever wins between Ludogorets and Basel will secure third place. Their matchday one meeting also finished 1-1.
- If Benfica take three points, they are through.
- If Benfica do win, Napoli will qualify too with a victory.
- If Beşiktaş win and Napoli do not, Beşiktaş progress.
- Dynamo can only remain in top-two contention if they win and Beşiktaş do not. Dynamo will come fourth if they do not win.
- Barcelona are through with a win, or with a draw if Manchester City do not lose. Barcelona will clinch the group if they win and City do not.
- Manchester City qualify with a win.
- Mönchengladbach will be confirmed in third place if they draw and Celtic lose.
- To stay in contention to finish in the top two, Celtic must win and hope City do not. Celtic will end up fourth if they pick up fewer points than Mönchengladbach.
- Both the top two are through and Atlético will win the group if they win and Bayern draw or they draw and Bayern lose.
- The battle for third place will go to the final matchday as Rostov and PSV drew 2-2 in the first match and will be within three points of each other whatever the outcome of their matchday five matches.
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.